WMF format parser (pymfvu)
pymfvu is a small research project. This project was started to prepare new WMF/EMF filter for sK1 and Uniconvertor. The pymfvu program can open and render both Windows Metafile and Enchanced Metafile files.
New generation of the WMF/EMF filter for Uniconvertor will be made on the base of this program.
- opens files listed as command-line arguments or from menu
- play files 'step-by-step'
- toggle hexdump of the current Metafile record
- toggle transparency of filled parts
- show list of records in separate window
- save as SVG
- pyemf (included in the source tarball)
- pywmf (included in the source tarball)
Fig.1 'Toggle transparency'
Fig.2 'Hexdump of the metafile record #630'
How to download pymfvu source code
pymfvu can be used as a standalone viewer for WMF and EMF files.
The project source code can be downloaded using following command:
svn co https://uniconvertor.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/uniconvertor/formats/WMF/pywmfvu/trunk pymfvu
Also you can use SVN snapshot tarball: http://sk1project.org/tarballs/pymfvu-0.0.14.tar.bz2